Wednesday 17 July 2013

[Toy] Constructabots Ultimate Optimus Prime vs Megatron

Toy has posted a new item, 'Constructabots Ultimate Optimus Prime vs Megatron'

My pile of loot from BBTS arrived this afternoon. It had some Kreons, Ruination
and more Constructabots. So of course the first thing I did was dive in looking
for Optimus and Megatron.
Both figures come with roughly the same piece count as a triple changer, and
both have lots of extra kibble that isn't actually used in their default modes.
A lot of it is just recolored bits from other figures, but I dig the colors.

So, pictures.

The box for size comparison.

Skeletons are more colorful than most sets, so I thought I'd post a picture.
Plus, you gotta love those head sculpts.




Both have minor differences in the standard transformation. Megatron faces the
opposite way as most figures (like I said, minor) and Optimus has arm kibble
that makes his rear wheels actually have less wiggle.

All in all, I really like these guys.

Plenty of extra pieces for customization Nice choice of colors Translucent
pieces are a nice touch Awesome head sculpts Optimus doesn't suffer from rear
wheel terribleness Megatron has nice feet Optimus has Bumblebee's swords,
probably my favorite weapons released so far Cons:
Almost the exact same transformation as everyone else Reuse of several pieces,
just in different colors (I'm actually planning on building a list of all the
available pieces and what sets you can get them in) Megatron is missing a
wheel, hopefully that's just my set and not a wide spread issue like
Starscream's terrible head.

So, if you're on the fence about these guys I'd say this is the set you should
pick up. Yeah, it's $35, but you get both Optimus and Megatron and they really
are fun to play with.
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to try putting Megatron's wings on to Ironhide
to see if I can make him a triple changer. (Speaking of, is there a place on
this forum to post pictures that aren't really shots of an entire collection?)


You may view the latest post at
http://toy.web.id/constructabots-ultimate-optimus-prime-vs-megatron/

Best regards,
Toy
http://toy.web.id

No comments:

Post a Comment